Monday, November 30, 2009

Do You Know RIP the Ruler? U better.... Interview with RIP MC and Love 2 Love Party Moomia Lounge, NYC

Party & Bullshit from RIPMC on Vimeo.

Ok. Fascination. You guys know I love to party. But L.A also is a huge fan of spoken word and can probably spit some knowledge in a few bars if you really want it, but enough about me. But do you know RIP the MC, the Ruler. If you don't, say hello to the Nyceness. So I met RIP, last year at Bowery poetry club randomly because friends know friends who know friends, and they guy was spitting some stuff. And I was like damn. Can I be down tho? lol. And low and behold, I am apart of the dynamic Movement of Writer's Block NYC. Anyway, I wanted to get to know RIP more and I found out that the kid might be Brooklyn hidden musical Gem/Golden Child/ Brillant! He made me listen to a few of his beats that he completely produced solo dolo and then his rhymes wasn't bad either. Then I was like who the fuck is Diddy? not important if you guys let RIP in the door.

Pursuing his dreams of prosperity and happiness, RIP stays humble but a G as he tells me a little about his vida and his music.
Here is the brief interview.



What's your name? Where do you come from?

They call me RIP otherwise known as RIPMC. I'm from New York City, by way
of Brooklyn.

How long have you been making music?
I started rhyming and producing around the age of 12, But I didn't start
recording till about 16-17

What do you think your music stands for?
My music stands for me and those that can relate. It's the soundtrack to
my life, life'style' as well as my thoughts and experiences.

Who has been your biggest musical influences? Who is your favorite artist
of all time?
I don't have a favorite artist of all times. I'm forever growing, so it
all depends on who I relate to most at that given point in time.

What type of music do you make? What do you want it to become in the
future?
I make music. Easily classified as rap/hiphop. But beyond the surface
it's art. I approach a track the same way I approach a painting. I
approach an album like an art series. I display the "idea" from all
angles and perspectives until the listener can see the picture.
As far as the future, I don't think much about what I want my music to
be. I know it 'will be' whatever 'I am'. I want to touch the masses, so
in effect I want my music to reach the masses. So the question isn't so
much as "what I want my music to become" as much as it is "what I want
my music to do".

You produce and rap? Do you have a favorite? How do they balance you out as an artist?
I love them both. Every artistic discipline is a language. We communicate
through art, and they're just some emotions that are easier to convey
through beats, and other emotions that are easier to convey through words.
With that said, at this point, I'm sure you can assume the balance.

What is a quote you live by?
"Business is Personal".


How many dollas will it take before your famous (in your mind)? lol
Heheheh, see thats it: Fortune and Fame? Two totally different things...
that should be treated as such. The goal is to have money by where Its no
longer a factor. Nothing should be beyond means. Fame...? They can keep
that.

what do u hope to develop in your future and with your movements?

A legacy I can be proud of. One that can inspire the masses for
generations to come.


Last words: "The movements moving. Move with me-" -ripmc


Ok Beyond Being one of the futures dopest, He also is the OG PARTY Runner for Moomia Lounge's Love 2 Love Parties every Tuesday.
Every time I go I have way too much fun and it has such an NY feel which is something that can also be stated for RIP's music. Any way, here are some pics from Moomia Lounge along with RIP's first single "Party and Bullshit". this video is so home.....


ALSO PLEASE CHECK THE SITE wearewritersblock.com and get ready cause The Movement is around the way and we are not coming for play.



No comments:

Post a Comment