Monday, November 30, 2009

Viva La True Fashion: I rather not be like you: Fuck Your UGGZ!


Ok Maybe the picture is harsh. But. Yea they are cozy and warm and all that fun stuff. But they are exactly what the name acronyms---> ugly. So I'm not rocking them. My prerogative. I found alternatives for the winter troupes and just styles of boots that we all might enjoy instead of those bear paw thingys that have been running for almost three years strong ( I do commend Ugg for lasting for so long tho.)

Try Me! ( I also priced them for you so you can decide what is in your range; I'm a college student so I know it hard to stay fresh and thrifty. shit is real don.) $: less than $100; $ 100-150; $ 150+

CHECK THE SO MUCH BETTER ALTERNATIVES!


Marc Jacob Rain Boots- Bougie and Broke--$




My Favorite Hipster Winter shoe : The L.L. Bean Comfy warm beats the shit out of snow. $$



Don't Sleep on Zigi Boots Soho...They be having some shit. I adore these and they are over the kneeeeeeeee: ( find at dsw shoes or zigi soho store: The Motorcyle) $$



The Light Heel....Stilletos are cool and all but I'll laugh at you when you fall in the snow:
(Urbanoutfitters.com: the Deeny Ozzy Over the Knee) $$$






And always the classic FRYE Boot that works well as a cowboyish boot or underchic motorcycle look: Try with a wool blazer and button down ( Find At David Z's or mad other spots)
Most important thing about winter is owning it. You can rock the $900 D&G Moon Winter Boots (which I'm still saving for) or you can keep it smart and simple by trying one of these or your own styles. Booties Are STILL A GOOD LOOK!!! VINTAGE BOOTIES SPECIFICALLY! (not the best for snow, but ill on skinny jeans and stockings!) Please get a pair! Ebay has some great ones and so does FLYING A NYC (http://www.flyinganyc.com/). If you get lucky and wanna do some killer Vintage Boot shopping try Beacons closet or Buffalo, both located in Brooklyn, Williamsburg. (Damn I'm giving away mad secrets....gotta be easy) Ok.

So No good looks for me are the uggly uggs and I'm sorta kinda of over the combat boots guys. That was a fun summer thing but its time to give it up already! I love you. Stay Fresh and Remember these are just suggestions but make shit your own. (stop being like Rihanna) lol. joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment